- Posted by Edith Ohaja
- On May 20, 2019
- 144 Comments
Inspirational quotes convey wisdom, hope, encouragement and lots more in succinct packages. A crisp sentence can bring depth of insight and guidance. It can offer illumination that brings what we considered mountains into proper perspective that reduces them to grassy knolls and molehills. It can proffer fresh and candid advice for handling tricky situations or for generally doing well in life.
This post is the third instalment of my popular Wisdom for Life Quotes and it contains links to similar compilations on different topics. Two bonus quotes are in tweet boxes and hyperlinked under each quote is the post from which it was gleaned. You can check the posts for more inspirational quotes and graphics based on them. Do read, comment, share on social media and be blessed in Jesus’ name.
1. Let God, rather than the world or the media, set your life’s agenda.
2. The strengths you have can easily turn to weaknesses if not moderated.
(Related: Commentary on 10 Famous Paradoxical Quotes)
3. Never lose hope because the negative situation you face may turn around at any moment.
4. You can escape the agony of choice by determining to do only the right.
5. Sex is not a guarantee of longevity or commitment in a relationship.
6. Keep your family and relationship conflicts private to avoid creating irreconcilable breaches.
7. What is not yours is not yours no matter how much you play with it.Experience, it is said, is the best teacher, but it doesn't always have to be your own experience. Click To Tweet
8. The best way to treat money is not as your master that dictates your actions and controls your life but as your servant that runs errands for you.
9. Burdening human beings with your needs can strain them. Let God decide how to meet them for you.
10. When you discover and focus on what you were made for, the Einstein in you will manifest.Nothing external will improve your life except you positively change yourself within. Click To Tweet
11. Don’t be consumed by the rat-race. Find time to smell the roses while you can.
12. Be excited about life because the wonders you’re yet to experience could exceed the wonders that you’ve seen.
13. Never leave yourself at the mercy of others. Get some control over your life.
14. Envying others is unwise because the yardsticks for judging success vary according to what God has called each person to do.
15. Serving the devil is a poor choice because you will lose more than you will ever gain.
(Related: 10 Quotes on True Love)
While it is good to apply the practical advice in quotes like these, we must remember that God is the source of all wisdom and when we fear Him and feed on His word, we will be better equipped to escape the snares of life and live victoriously.
Job 28:20-28 (KJV)
“20. Whence then cometh wisdom? and where is the place of understanding?
21. Seeing it is hid from the eyes of all living, and kept close from the fowls of the air.
22. Destruction and death say, We have heard the fame thereof with our ears.
23. God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof.
“24. For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven;
“25. To make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure.
“26. When he made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder:
“27. Then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.
“28. And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.”
The scriptures used in this post are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible except where otherwise stated.
New Living Translation (NLT) Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to edithohaja.com to receive updates of new posts (inspirational, educational and entertaining articles, stories, poems, quotes and graphics) in your mail. Subscription is free.
If you ever feel down or burdened, I’d like you to vist my second blog, Aunty Edith’s Blog (An Encouragement Café). Come, eat and drink from the word of God for free. The posts are crisp, refreshing and uplifting and I believe God will restore hope and joy to you through them.