- Posted by Edith Ohaja
- On March 9, 2016
- 18 Comments
I believe that this little poem is for someone out there.
Windy days and stormy nights
Broken dreams and bitter fights
When it seems that all is lost
Don’t despair if God you trust
Although I illustrated it with the symbol of a failed marriage, it is generally addressing those situations that appear hopeless in our lives. God can turn any situation around even when by human calculation it seems irredeemable.
When God said Sarah would have a child when she and her husband were old and wrinkled, she did what most people would have done – laugh. When Jesus asked for where Lazarus was laid, the dead man’s sister warned him he’d be stinking by then. But God performed a miracle in each case.
If your trust is in God, He alone has the final say. Do not despair, do not throw in the towel. The answer you’ve waited so long for may be just around the corner. The LORD bless you and give you beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning and a spring for your desert in Jesus’ name.
Genesis 18:13-14, 21:1-2 (KJV)
13. And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?
14. Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
1. And the Lord visited Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did unto Sarah as he had spoken.
2. For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.
John 11:39-40, 43-44 (KJV)
39. Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
40. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
43. And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
44. And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
Keep visiting and interacting actively with edithohaja.com for more inspirational, educational and entertaining articles, poems, quotes and graphics.
You can also connect with me via my Facebook page (facebook.com/auntyedith), LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Plus and Instagram. Jesus is Lord!