- Posted by Edith Ohaja
- On March 30, 2016
- 6 Comments
The process through which Jesus, who was called the son of Mary and Joseph) during his earthly life, got the authority to rule is explained in the passage of scripture below.
Philippians 2:8-11 (KJV)
8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of ] things[ in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
His rulership extends beyond the physical realm to the powers in the supernatural realm as seen in Ephesians 1:20-21 (KJV):
20. … he (God) wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21. Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
That means He reigns today and will reign in the world to come after judging the living and the dead according to the things they have done, giving some a reward and others, punishment as they deserve.
(See Matthew 25:31-46 at the later part of this post.)
Make Him your Lord and Saviour today. He will forgive your sins and help you reign by his authority over situations and powers that confront you. He will also give you the grace to live a God-honouring life so that you will receive a reward, not punishment (eternal destruction) at the end. Find a Bible-believing church where you can be upheld and nurtured in the faith and be richly blessed in Jesus’ name.
Matthew 25:31-46 (KJV)
31. When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32. And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33. And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35. For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36. Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38. When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39. Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40. And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42. For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43. I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45. Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
You may also like these posts:
EITHER SUV OR BURST (SHORT STORY)
DEALING WITH DISCOURAGEMENT AND SADNESS #1
DEALING WITH DISCOURAGEMENT AND SADNESS #2
A TRUST DESERVED (SHORT STORY)
MY LOVE AWAITS (POEM)
Subscribe to edithohaja.com to receive new posts (inspirational, educational and entertaining articles, poems, quotes and graphics) in your mail.
You can also like my Facebook page, Aunty Edith, follow me on Instagram, GooglePlus (1), GooglePlus (2), Twitter (1), Twitter (2) and Stumble Upon (@eohaja). Plus, you can connect with me on LinkedIn. Jesus is Lord!