- Posted by Edith Ohaja
- On July 22, 2017
- 58 Comments
In the journey of life, it is great when we can get advice that guides our steps and helps us avoid some pitfalls. Experience, it is said, is the best teacher, but it doesn’t always have to be your own experience. In this post, I share some of the wisdom I have gathered in my half century plus existence as they apply to certain life situations.
It is actually my practice to illustrate my posts with graphics bearing wisdom nuggets or scriptures. Therefore, I have attached the titles of posts from which these quotes have been drawn to enable you see the graphics they appeared on and, perhaps, look at the circumstances that warranted my coining the quotes.
I would love to know what you think about these quotes and share, if you may, situations where they have or may be found relevant.
Experience, they say, is the best teacher, but it doesn’t always have to be your own experience. In this post, I share some wisdom for life you can ponder on and, perhaps, apply when the need arises.
10 WISDOM FOR LIFE QUOTES
1. Not everyone has a hidden agenda. Some folks out there are just plain nice.
(My Beautiful Neighbour #1)
2. A good thing can quickly turn into a bad thing when done to excess or done at the wrong time and place.
(Knowing When Enough Is Enough)
3. No one’s life is perfect. There’s always that one thing, or more, that is missing.
(From Bait to Catch 1)
Related: 10 Witty Quotes about God
4. Straining to impress others is vanity. Always be true to yourself.
(Either SUV or Burst)
5. Affluence without generosity stinks.
(“No One is God!”)
If you really want to enjoy life, take it slow, taste everything in measured doses and pause to appreciate it all.
(Live in Hope)
6. Who ever profited from building castles in the air?
(My Beautiful Neighbour #4)
Related: 10 Quotes on True Love
7. As long as you have life in you, never say there’s nothing to look forward to.
(Live in Hope)
8. Crafty people end up ensnaring themselves.
(From Bait to Catch #3)
9. Indifference is an enemy of success.
(“Not My Portion!”)
Related: 12 Quotes on God’s Faithfulness
10. You cannot gather brushwood, kindle it and then tell it not to burn.
Ⓒ Edith Ugochi Ohaja 2017
You can follow my Twitter accounts for a constant supply of inspirational quotes.
Subscribe to edithohaja.com to receive updates of new posts (inspirational, educational and entertaining articles, poems, quotes and graphics) in your mail. Subscription is free.
You can also like my Facebook page, Aunty Edith, follow me on Instagram, GooglePlus (1), GooglePlus (2), Twitter (1), Twitter (2), Pinterest and StumbleUpon. Plus, you can connect with me on LinkedIn. Jesus is Lord!