MUSINGS ON GOD’S WATCHFULNESS
Indeed He is! The Bible says in Psalm 125, verse 2, that as the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people. I am one of His and if you are, this is your portion too.
Similarly, in Psalm 127, verse 2, we are told that staying awake and solving complicated equations in our head isn’t the way to get our answers. It says there that God gives us His beloved sleep because He shoulders our burdens.
The psalms are full of such assurances. Chapter 121, verses 3 to 5 say as follows:
3. He will not let your foot slip- he who watches over you will not slumber;
4. indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
5. The LORD watches over you- the LORD is your shade at your right hand. (NIV)
It goes on to the end of the chapter reiterating that the LORD watches over His own, pointing out the benefits therefrom and promising that God will continue this watchfulness over His people forever.
And this is how the famous 19th Century French novelist, poet and playwright, Victor Marie Hugo put it:
“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the
small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished
your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.”
Therefore, trust in God’s protection for afterall, you are His treasure and His joy. Stay blessed and rapturable!
Follow edithohaja.com for more inspirational, educational and entertaining articles, poems, quotes and graphics.
You can also connect with me via my Facebook page (facebook.com/auntyedith), LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Plus and Instagram. Jesus is Lord!
Latest posts by Edith Ohaja (see all)
- MY REACTION TO HARRY AND MEGHAN’S SHOCK MOVE - January 20, 2020
- IT SHALL BE WELL! - January 19, 2020
- WHAT IF …? (My Musings about the US 2020 Presidential Election) - January 4, 2020