TRUST IN GOD (POEM)
By God’s grace, I composed and illustrated this poem to encourage you to, as the title says, trust in God.
Put your trust in God
Take comfort in His word
And when temptations come
You won’t be out of form
This is not something that can be done in a vacuum. You need to know what God has made available to you in His word, what the Bible often calls your “inheritance in Christ”. Then as you believe, you see it manifested in your life. And this is not a one-off thing. It’s something you do continuously.
One of those promises in God’s word is the grace to overcome evil. In Titus 2:11-14, the Bible says as follows:
11. For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.
12. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in the present age,
13. while we wait for the blessed hope- the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
14. who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are His very own, eager to do what is good. (NIV)
When you internalise this, temptations that come your way will find you stronger than they are. You will resist and overcome. You will remain in right standing with God and reap other benefits of your salvation like healing, deliverance and guidance.
But it all comes through constant intake of God’s word and trusting Him to do as the word says. And He will!
Subscribe to edithohaja.com to receive new posts (inspirational, educational and entertaining articles, poems, quotes and graphics) in your mail.
You can also connect with me via my Facebook page (facebook.com/auntyedith), LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Plus and Instagram. Jesus is Lord!
Latest posts by Edith Ohaja (see all)
- MESSIAH HAS PASSED TO GLORY (POEM) - April 17, 2022
- WILL ELON MUSK ATTEMPT A HOSTILE TAKEOVER OF TWITTER? - April 12, 2022
- WILL SMITH NEEDS HELP AND NEEDS IT FAST! - March 30, 2022