GOD WILL DO A NEW THING
The COVID-19 pandemic has been devastating for millions of people in myriad ways. Some have lost friends and relatives to the disease, some have lost their jobs and businesses, some have lost the battle against alcoholism and drug addiction, some have suffered horrendous abuse, some have starved and countless numbers have sunk into despair.
As lockdowns persist in some places, this tragic toll continues to rise. But the worst seems to be over in many places.
Regardless of where you are and what you’ve been through, I want to assure you that we have a God who is a Creator and Renewer like no other. His power is infinite and His love for us is boundless.
I want you to trust Him to fulfill one of His significant promises in your life.
Isaiah 43:16-19 KJV
16. Thus saith the LORD, which maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters;
18. Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
19. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
You may feel this is impossible considering how bad your circumstance is, but I want to remind you that He is “the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing.” (Rom. 4: 17- NLT)
When the kings of Israel, Judah and Edom were on their way to fight the Moabites in 2 Kings 3, the armies and their animals were on the verge of dying of thirst, but when they consulted the prophet Elisha, this is what he said:
2 Kings 3:16-18 KJV
16. Thus saith the LORD, Make this valley full of ditches.
17. For thus saith the Lord, Ye shall not see wind, neither shall ye see rain; yet that valley shall be filled with water, that ye may drink, both ye, and your cattle, and your beasts.
18. And this is but a light thing in the sight of the LORD: he will deliver the Moabites also into your hand.
It didn’t make sense because they were in a wilderness but God fulfilled His word. He flooded the valley they were in with water and thus saved their lives. More than that, he used the water to confuse the Moabites. As the sun shone on the water from far way, it looked like blood. The Moabites thought the armies of the three kings had slaughtered themselves and came up to mop up only to be decimated.
God will do a new thing for us in the POST-COVID era which has more or less arrived. No matter what you lost, God can give you something so glorious that will truly comfort your heart.
When David sinned with Bathsheba, she bore a son whom the Lord killed. But after that, Bathsheba had another son for David whom the Lord called Jedidiah, beloved of the Lord, and gave the throne of his father. That son was King Solomon, who was the greatest and last king of a united Israel.
If God could do this for David although he committed a grievous sin in stealing Bathsheba from her husband and killing the man, how much more will He do for you who has suffered for no fault of yours?
For me and my household, I hold on to this promise that God will do a new thing, a glorious thing and with great speed. I look forward to it with great expectation and excitement that it shall soon appear. Amen in Jesus’ name. What about you?
You may also like the following posts:
Latest posts by Edith Ohaja (see all)
- SHARING INSIGHTS FROM BIBLE READING - September 20, 2020
- WISDOM FOR LIFE’S JOURNEY (POEM) - September 19, 2020
- IS THE RECENT FIGHT FOR RACIAL JUSTICE WORSENING LIFE FOR BLACKS IN AMERICA? - September 7, 2020