“THE LAMB OF GOD WAS SLAIN FOR US!” (POEM AND BIBLE VERSES)
❤We should always live with the consciousness that Christ laid down His life for us. Click To Tweet
“THE LAMB OF GOD WAS SLAIN FOR US!”
‘Twas such a lonely path He trod
Sin’s awful price for us to pay
Conforming to the Father’s word
To save as many as will believe
He overlooked both self and shame
To redeem us from sin and death
The Jews cried, “This man we condemn!”
And He was nailed to Calvary’s cross
The Father’s heart still longs for those
Who will renounce the world and sin
Remembering that one tragic pose:
“The Lamb of God was slain for us!”
Ⓒ Edith Ugochi Ohaja 2018Have we renounced the world and sin for which Christ died for us? Click To Tweet
(Related: Against All Odds: The Example of Jesus)
“55. In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me. 56. But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.” – Matthew 26:55-56
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” – Hebrews 12:2
“12. And Pilate answered and said again unto them, What will ye then that I shall do unto him whom ye call the King of the Jews? 13. And they cried out again, Crucify him. 14. Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath he done? And they cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify him.” – Mark 15:12-14
“16. Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away. 17. And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha” – John 19:16-17.
“And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him” – Luke 23:33.
“18. Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19. But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot” – 1 Peter 1:18-19
“11. For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12. Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13. Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14. Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.” – Titus 2:11-14
“11. And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
12. Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
13. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.” – Revelation 5:11-13 (emphasis, mine)
The scriptures used in this post are from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.
Subscribe to edithohaja.com to receive updates of new posts (inspirational, educational and entertaining articles, poems, quotes and graphics) in your mail. Subscription is free.
If you ever feel down or burdened, I’d like you to vist my second blog, Aunty Edith’s Blog (An Encouragement Café). Come, eat and drink from the word of God for free. The posts are crisp, refreshing and uplifting and I believe God will restore hope and joy to you through them.
You can also like my Facebook page, Aunty Edith, follow me on Instagram, GooglePlus (1), GooglePlus (2), Twitter (1), Twitter (2), Pinterest and StumbleUpon. Plus, you can connect with me on LinkedIn. Jesus is Lord!
Latest posts by Edith Ohaja (see all)
- TYPES OF REPORTING III : INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING - March 6, 2021
- TYPES OF REPORTING II: INTERPRETATIVE REPORTING - February 28, 2021
- “HARNESSING THE POWER OF SOCIAL MEDIA TO BOOST YOUR GLOBAL AUDIENCE” WITH KAMALA DAUGHTRY - February 20, 2021