- Posted by Edith Ohaja
- On July 16, 2017
- 37 Comments
There are many things that people call love but in the course of time, they realise it’s something else. A distinction is sometimes made between love and lust, love and infatuation, love and admiration and the list goes on. A few months ago, I wrote a poem in which I gave my take on how to identify true love. You can check out that poem by clicking on its title below.
Today, I present 10 capsular thoughts on the nature of true love. Do you agree with these thoughts? I’d like to know the ones you like best, the ones that really struck a chord with you. Perhaps, there are angles I overlooked. Do share one or more quotes that you think cover those angles.
As is my custom, I’ve included titles of posts from which some of these quotes were lifted, modified or inspired so you can take a look, if you may, to see the context in which they were coined. You are blessed!
1. True love is accepting, understanding and affirming.True love is accepting, understanding and affirming. #quote #love Click To Tweet
2. True love brings out the best in you.
3. True love puts its object before itself.
Related: 10 Witty Quotes About God
4. True love is not vengeful. Rather, it freely forgives.
5. True love is consistent. It does not wax and wane with situations and seasons.
6. True love knows how to enjoy companionable silence with its object.True love knows how to enjoy companionable silence with its object. #quote #love Click To Tweet
7. True love embraces commitment. It does not circumvent it.
8. True love is fulfilling. It doesn’t leave you hung out to dry.
9. True love may not be picture perfect but it will precisely suit your needs.True love may not be picture perfect but it will precisely suit your needs. #quote #love Click To Tweet
Related: 12 Quotes on God’s Faithfulness
10. True love is not a flash in the pan; it lasts till you’re old and grey.
Ultimately, the best way to know true love is to come into a relationship with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. We (the saved) are the bride and Christ is the groom. How He loves us is the model for how others should love us and we should love them back.
Ⓒ Edith Ugochi Ohaja 2017
You can follow my Twitter accounts for a constant supply of inspirational quotes.
Subscribe to edithohaja.com to receive updates of new posts (inspirational, educational and entertaining articles, poems, quotes and graphics) in your mail. Subscription is free.
You can also like my Facebook page, Aunty Edith, follow me on Instagram, Twitter (1), Twitter (2), and Pinterest Plus, you can connect with me on LinkedIn. Jesus is Lord!