35 POST IDEAS FOR THE CHRISTIAN BLOGGER
Yesterday, I saw a post that was done by my dearest friend, Tammy Dunlap. Tammy is a Christian blogger and she dispenses inspiration and what she calls “sonshine” on grandmamarymartha.blogspot.com. Her post addressed ways we can deal with writer’s block and I found it full of helpful tips. The article was titled Eight Great Points to Ponder When the Writer’s Well has Run Dry.
From it, I got the inspiration to do a similar post, this time an assemblage of areas Christian bloggers can draw topics from. These have been presented as ideas, not topics. As a result, each number below can yield a wide range of topics. I’ve tried to suggest some of such topics for each idea but that is just like scratching the surface. Some bloggers have built their niche against just one of these ideas and still have a lot to share after going at it for many years.
It goes without saying that this list is far from exhaustive. And while the list may be helpful for stimulating our thoughts, I would not advise arbitrarily picking from it or anywhere else to write if we actually hope to speak on God’s behalf. We need to pray and be led by the Holy Spirit in our writing, both in choosing a topic and fleshing it out. When we do that, God is able to use our writing to meet the needs of our readers in amazing ways. Then we can say, “This is the Lord’s doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.” – Psalm 118:23 (KJV)
[bctt tweet=”This post is an assemblage of areas Christian bloggers can draw topics from.” username=”edithohaja1″]
35 POST IDEAS FOR THE CHRISTIAN BLOGGER
1. God: His names, nature/personality, ability, promises, commands. This can include Jesus (His names, earthly ministry, crucifixion, resurrection and ascension) plus the Holy Spirit (His names and ministry). Christian festivals like Christmas and Easter fall here.
2. Profiles and other posts on Bible characters, bringing out lessons for today’s Christian
(Illustration: 7 Lessons on How Not to Live: The Story of Abner – I)
3. Testimonies: stories of God’s intervention resulting in conversion, healing, provision, etc.
4. Christian character: living out the fruit of the Spirit, ten commandments, etc.
5. Christian apologetics: defending the faith, answering the skeptics, distinguishing Christianity from other religions
6. The Bible: x-raying different parts of the bible, providing exegeses for different portions, esp hard to understand passages
7. The gospel: simply presenting the good news of salvation through Jesus and leading the targets through the sinner’s prayer, strategies for effective evangelism both face to face and through mediated communication (using television, radio, films, the social media, etc.), how to minister the gospel to different groups: family members, friends, co-workers, business associates, strangers ….
8. Endtime: discussing signs of the times, fulfillment of Biblical prophecy about the endtime, how to prepare for the Second Coming of our Lord Jesus …
9. Political and cultural debates: persecution of Christians, legalisation of marijuana, same sex marriage, exclusion of prayer in schools, godliness in public affairs
(Illustration: Dear American Believer, Do Not Waste Your Indian Summer!)
10. Doctrinal issues: x-raying the controversies and offering Scriptural support for positions on baptism, sanctification, speaking in tongues, tithing, etc. Expositions on wrong doctrines are sorely needed in these times
11. Parenting: motherhood, fatherhood, adoption, foster parenting, home schooling, etc. providing the how-tos, challenges and solutions to them … , issues to do with one’s children be they babies, toddlers, adolescents or adults
12. Relationships: romantic relationships outside marriage, mentoring, relationships between siblings, friends, colleagues, etc.
13. Marriage: joys, trials, lessons from it, how to make it work, how to make it thrilling, etc.
(Illustration: 5 Insights on Loving God Gained From My Marriage)
14. For singles: There is so much to say to those who have never married, the divorced and widowed. E.g. encouragement (in waiting for partners or living single if they have so chosen), exhortation on self worth, dealing with pain, rejection, loneliness, harassment, etc
15. Serving God: ministry at different levels and positions of service (spiritual offices) in churches and beyond, gifts of the Spirit and the anointing, how to recognise your call, how to discharge it effectively, benefits and challenges of serving God, failings of Christian ministers, activities of Christian charities and other organisations (besides churches) serving God in our communities and nations of the world
16. The body of Christ/Churches: Christian unity, falling away of churches, false churches (cults, heretical churches), problems and rifts within churches, disenchantment with churches, love and edification through churches, church involvement in social welfare activities, e.g care for the homeless, disaster relief
17. Encouragement for Christians: handling hardship, ill health, grief, loss of different kinds, delayed expectations …
(Illustration: 5 Things to Remember When You’re Giving But Seem Not to be Receiving
18. Training in spititual disciplines and spiritual growth: how to study the bible, how to pray and conduct spiritual warfare, etc.
19. Reviews of books, movies, exhibitions with a faith theme
20. Gardening and landscaping
21. Interior decoration: including DIY crafts for this
22. Fashion: hair, clothes, shoes, jewelry and other accessories
23. Food: recipes, health benefits of certain foods …
24. Money matters: how to make and spend money, saving tips…
25. Career advice: Those retired from or still engaged in teaching, nursing, etc. can find a lot to share here on how to enter certain fields, how to excel in them, how to maintain one’s faith and find fulfilment on the job….
26. Health: prevention, cure, management of different diseases, how different foods, exercise programmes and habits can enhance health and vice versa
27. Family: importance of family, family memories, traditions/activities, dysfunction, blending, dealing with the extended family, relating with in-laws, etc.
28. Quotes: compilations of witty and inspiring quotes coined by the blogger or by others with particular themes
(Illustration: 10 Witty Quotes about God)
29. Product recommendations and shopping guides: for gifts, bible study and other spiritual or educational resources, cooking utensils, home care appliances, fashion and body care products, etc.
30. The word of God to us today: Is prophecy still relevant? How can one hear from God? How do we recognise a true word of God? Other topics include abuse of prophecy, x-raying some notable prophecies in contemporary times
31. Recreational activities, hobbies and travel
32. Fiction: flash fiction or longer pieces that address a wide variety of issues and situations like parenting, marriage, unemployment ….
33. Poetry: different kinds of poems addressing different issues of faith like God’s love, His faithfulness, worship, repentance, petitions ….
(Illustration: Live in Hope – Poem)
34. Crisp humour: Humour can be injected into most anything we post, but here I’m referring to snappy stuff that are funny. Examples include jokes, quotes, cartoons and memes.
35. All things blogging: how to set up blogs on different platforms, necessary plugins, training, finding one’s niche, keeping the focus on God, publicising blog posts (how to do that effectively on different social media), how best to handle feedback (positive and negative), how to grow one’s blog, how to monetize, how to juggle jobs, parenting, etc. with blogging, one’s blooging failures and triumphs, ….
[bctt tweet=”If we actually hope to speak on God’s behalf, we need to pray and be led by the Holy Spirit.” username=”edithohaja1″]
Dear Father in heaven, I commit my writing into Your hands. I pray that my blog will be an avenue through which people will be inspired, enlightened and uplifted via Your word. I don’t want to struggle for inspiration nor write my own thoughts. Always direct me to share what will bless my readers in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Subscribe to edithohaja.com to receive updates of new posts (inspirational, educational and entertaining articles, poems, quotes and graphics) in your mail. Subscription is free.
You can also like my Facebook page, Aunty Edith, follow me on Instagram, GooglePlus (1), GooglePlus (2), Twitter (1), Twitter (2), Pinterest and StumbleUpon. Plus, you can connect with me on LinkedIn. Jesus is Lord!
I love number 2. The Bible sites many examples by giving us different stories of those who lived righteously and those who didn’t. From that, we tend not to forget what we learned since there is a person attached to it. Thanks for these tips.
Glory to God! I am fascinated by human interest stories from the Bible too. When we study them under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, it’s amazing the things we learn. More grace to you, dear sis, in Jesus’ name.
I love that you mention praying and asking for the Spirit’s prompting before writing about God. My entries turn out so much better and inspired when I do this! Blessings!
That’s right, Christina! We are just vessels waiting to be filled and poured out. God’s grace for greater fruit in your ministry in Jesus’ name.
Everything is just sensible here. Gottta try finding out which works better and frequent for me
Yeah! And don’t forget to pray about it. Cheers!
Very nice post Aunty Edith!
They are all very writable topics ma’am… God bless you for this
Amen. And bless you too, my dear, in Jesus’ name.
These tips are useful for blogging and the topics are of a wide range… Really helpful ??
Halleluia and may God bless you real good, Gloria, in Jesus’ name.
I am greatly blessed by your example, words, and friendship!
Same here, Tammy! May the Lord keep your oil flowing in Jesus’ name.
I love humour writings. Preach on, ma! U are wonderful
And so are you, Esther! Glory to God!
You’re just at it again ma, all 35 ideas are cool, but I will keep my fingers crossed on the MARRIAGE aspect. Still new in the system #/BLUSHING#/
Lol! Pretty soon it will be all you’ll be talking about.
although the list is not exhaustive on where a writer can draw topics from, but it’s more than enough for writers
Thank you and praise God, Chidiogo! You are lifted in Jesus’ name.
i was really inspired, thanks ma’am for the tips.
These ideas are just the best because there is nothing we can do without God. thank you Ma, am still practicing writing, and I’ll adhere to your ideas.
Great tips ma. Sometimes it feels like I run out of inspiration on what to write about and these are really helpful. Jotting down ASAP. Bless you ma!
Am still *learning*
Encouragement for Christians#17# While going through the 35 ideas, I couldn’t help but ponder really hard on dx particular point. Well done, ma. I’m really inspired by every point.
Wow these are nice and lovely ideas. it’s a wonderful idea too to always ask God for guidance when choosing a topic idea so that God can use our hands to speak life into the people through our writings
Yes, if we write acvording to our own wishes, we won’t make eternal impact. May your ink flow ceaselessly in Jesus’ name.
All these ideas are actually thought stimulating as you mentioned earlier. After going through the list, am greatly inspired to write on a variety of Christian topics… I know that great innovations come through the help of GOD, and with this great article, it shows you are greatly inspired by HIM(GOD)… Thank you Ma for this.
Glory to God and more grace to you in Jesus’ name.
Just realized I’ve been missing out on so much to write about by overlooking those things right on my fingertips. Amazing ideas.
Really useful ideas for writing. I love especially numbers 1, 26 and 27. Thank you so much for sharing this Aunty. God bless you and may your ink never run dry.
Amen and I pray the same for you in Jesus’ name.
I love the one of encouraging Christians and the one of quotes, but most especially, the one of encouraging Christians because most times Christians face a lot of difficult trials and it seems like there is no way out. We need to be encouraged in the spirit, building up our hope and faith in God. Christianity isn’t a bed of roses, it requires a great work. And we need all the encouragement we can get from God’s word(bible).Thank you aunt Edith for this wonderful post.
Such wisdom here. Thank you, my dear, and God bless you!
its really great ma, not just for a blog but these tips should also be reflected in our everyday life
Ummmm, I guess so. Thanks!
This is really very helpful! I remember someone telling me she didn’t know what to blog about. She had exhausted what she planned posting. Such a person would definitely find this helpful. This post just nailed it… God bless you ma.
And bless you too, Rose!
I needed to read this. Thank you Ma.
You all are looking at the next Christian blogger ?
Lol! Go girl, show them what you’ve got! The Lord’s grace is with you if you really want to do this.
This is so helpful, especially number 22. A Christian blogger may neglect that topic, but I’m already imagining all the good things one can write with it. Thanks very much, ma!
Glad you found it useful, Chinemerem. Cheers!
These tips are really helpful ma. I will also try to work on one of them. God bless you for this post.
Thank you ma for sharing these tips. It’s not easy to write something that will interest others without having inspiration. I’m going to focus more on number 23 and the others can follow
I particularly love number one and number seven. Though all are very useful. It is a whole package where one can draw wealth of knowledge from. Keep it up ma for many are being inspired.
Glory to God!
I always have difficulty in choosing the topics to write on but thanks to you, i have been exposed to so many topics with examples to help me understand.
KEEP IT UP!
Nice outline ma. This is quite helpful. I now have a wide range of topics to choose from when my thinking fails me.
GOD BLESS YOU!
This piece is really helpful. I didn’t even realize that there are various things that can inspire me and bring forth wonderful topics to write about.
This is really a good one, very helpful. Number two and six got me thinking.
These tips are really very inspiring Ma, I have never found it necessary to limit myself to any particular topic when looking for what to write but this post have opened my eyes more to what I have been missing I love all of them but I’m particularly in love with the one about encouraging Christians, just like you said, some of us find ourselves in situations where we feel there is no way out. I’ve been in that situation and the good lord through his infinite goodness guided me and every morning I pray for those who have lost hope in his salvation that they see that he is the way, the truth and the light. Thank you so much ma.
Thanks ma. The prayer was really helpful thou am still learning but when I start writing I want it to inspire nd enlighten people in the right way
What a wonderful insight. It sure would be helpful
Now am inspired to research and write on number 31.Its something I love but have never thought of penning my ideas.
Wow! There is indeed a lot one can blog on as a Christian without actually compromising their faith. It is good to know that. I think, creativity has to come in, because anybody can write on these things but the one who is creative is the one their blog gets visited frequently. Thanks a lot Ma.
Christian blogging is diverse and touches every aspect of human existence. It affects the spiritual as much as it affects physical. It addresses family and relationship issues. It teaches how to be steadfast in faith to achieve what one wants.
I never thought about this before but being a christian blogger is looking very feasible. Thanks for the idea
I’m really not a writing type but this just gave me hints of interesting and stress free topics to pick from and I’m challenged to work on something soonest
Thanks a lot Ma
God is absolutely the number one person that can give us inspiration on what to write about. I am not actually the writing type but I do write when the inspiration flows in. There are so many points which one can choose from here and I believe this post will be very useful to bloggers and other types of writers.
I pray God help us to always spread his words and win more souls with our writings.. Amen
I recently started trying my hands at writing but am always looking for what to write about. This post, I really trust, would be very useful. After going through the post, trust me, I already have a couple of things i’ld love to write about. Thanks and God bless you ma.
I never liked writing but ever since I started reading your post I always feel motivated,I always feel moved,i always feel like writing following your footstep…….but I know one can’t start anything without God intervention,he is the only one that can inspire us towards what to write…..am really happy seeing all those topics,I will love to read them one by one especially the marriage aspect……thank u very much ma for changing my life with your amazing post,God bless you ma
.The second point caught my attention,these days they are lots of fake prophecies, fake churches these is a nice point to throw more light on. There should be how we can identify fake ones when we come across them
This post is really full of ideas. People who are bereft of ideas on what to blog about can find them here in abundance. The ideas are motivating me. Aunty, You are really creative; you can generate awesome ideas. I feel like Taking up the task. Anyway Thanks Ma, for the wonderful ideas.
Absolutely Awesome. Ma, this is Creativity in Action. You have dished out wonderful ideas that People can work on. Bless you, Ma.
This post is wonderful. full of nice ideas that will help someone who wants to run a Christian blog. It will help in nourishing many souls.
Wonderful post ma…. Now I kno dat I v missed out on so many things… Will try these tips.
The topics are all good and Sensible. may God bless you ma.
These 35 tips are wonderful! I commented on this post previously and I can’t seem to find the comment. Nevertheless, you’re doing a lot for us,aunty! This could inspire most of us to start up our own blogs and inspire everyone out there. Thank you so much ma!God bless you immensely. You’re the best teacher we have ever had. The topic ideas on relationships would do the youths great good!
most people think that a christian blog will be boring, but with all this tips it cant be so. now i see the secret behind a wonderful blog like yours. thanks ma and God bless you
Wow there are many things to blog about as a Christian blogger, i always thought its all about the gospel, nice one ma
I for one am not a blogger, but i’ve learnt a from this post. Should i in the future pick interest in, blogging from the christian perspective especially, i won’t have much of a problem
Nice tips, I really appreciate these tips, there are inspiring and motivating for bloggers and I love number 6,14 and 15, you have to put God first in everything you do.
Many things to write about; many, many things to talk about as it relates to Christianity, and their attitude towards the gospel.
You can write about God, or about Christianity as a whole. You can also write about the attitude of Christians or about the different disposition about the gospel and interpretations of the word of God. You can write about anything, so long it affects the Christians behaviours.
Post to the Christians. Not a bad idea I must say. I advice you pick a leaf from Apostle Paul. Pray effectively to the Holy Spirit for guidance; to aid write effectively to the Christians, and in turn to call back the lost sheep of God.
You have really gone a long way, ma, in itemising such issues of importance to the Christians. Christians are really going through when it comes to their relationship with their creator, and combining their Christian lives with their taking care of their families. This post would really go a long way in providing succour to the Christians.
I love no 1. God. I believe that God should be the bedrock of every christian blogger. All christian bloggers should always abide by the will of God.
Wonderful ideas MA especially no 14 and 15 which helps in building compatible partners and educate singles, and encouraging ways in which believers can be committed in serving God. All I can say about this ideas I see on your posts MA your posts are perfect examples of a successful Christan blogging tips. You are really an inspiration to upcoming Christan bloggers. n
Lovely, I love no 17 encouraging Christians it’s very important because as a Christian we need word of encouragement to move on as a Christian blogger it’s necessary for you to help Christians grow more in the Lord.
This is an inspiration and goes to show that as Christians, we do not have to compromise on the ways of the Lord in this world where negativity seems to flourish more than good.
Love this list! Most post inspiration lists don’t include things like exegesis or apologetics
Thank you, Victoria! It’s amazing how much stuff is available for us to write on. God’s abundant grace on you and your ministry in Jesus’ name,
No 2 should be the focus of every blogger , the bible has many stories that we can bring to our daily life experience and use it to affect people .
I have been thinking of owing a blog and I know if I start my post with the bible i will succeed.
Wow, I never knew there are much ideas for Christian bloggers. Thank you so much for sharing it with us
Yet another ???. Thank you ma for sharing these tips. They would really really be helpful.